Register Now for Walter’s Run PRC only Race
Volunteering at Walter’s Run on Sunday but still want to race? Have we got an event for you! Come run the Walter’s Run course with your PRC friends in the 1st ever PRC Only Walter’s Run 5k time-handicapped race.
What makes a handicap run different from an ordinary race? Participants are started based on their handicap time so that walkers and slower runners start first and faster runners start last. The idea is that everyone finishes around the same time – and everyone has an even chance of winning!
- Saturday December 10th. Start gun goes off at 8:30am
- Starting line will be on Mount Vernon St next to the Library to avoid crossing Centre St after the start.
- Aside from start, we’ll follow the exact Walter’s Run course. Note: not a closed race course, please be mindful of your surroundings!
- All racers will be seeded (see below) and we will have a staggered start
- Entry fee is a suggested donation of $5 to Walter’s Run charities
- Registration is required by Sat 12/3
- Kids – this event isn’t for the youngest (or junior) PRC members. Parents of teens, we ask that you consider your child’s safety when deciding on entry
- Bagels, coffee and breakfast goodies to follow
- Awards and prizes!
Please register below by 12/3. We need your two best races within the past year or so to help us seed you. Use the comment box to provide any additional info that will help us seed you correctly.
Goal is to have everyone finish the 5k together!