Frequently Asked Questions – under construction
this page is under construction
How do I create a user account?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, a user name of your choice and your email address. You will receive an email with your password which you can then use to login.
How do I edit my email address, password etc?
To edit any of your personal details such as your default email address or password, please click ‘My Account’ followed by the ‘Edit’ tab. You can change your account details as needed.
Will my email address be visible to other users?
No, your email addres is kept hidden. The only information that is visible is your username and avatar picture
How do I create an event for the calendar?
- Login using your username/password since only authenticated users may create event content.
- Click ‘Create Content’ on the left hand side of page.
- Select ‘Event’ from the content types.
- In the ‘Title’ field enter an event title.
- Under ‘Event Date’ click in the ‘From Date’ field which will show a popup calendar from which you can select a date.
- Click in the time field and enter a time for the event, use the left and right arrow keys to select HH:MM and AM/PM, use the up and down arrows to change.
- Optionally click the ‘To Date’ and time.
- In the ‘Body’ enter a description of the event.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page.
How do I use Private Messaging?
Log on to the website using your username/password. Only authenticated users can use this feature.
If you have a new message a notification will be diplayed on the page after you log in. Select ‘Messages’ on the lower left, this will display your ‘Inbox’ where you can select the message to read.
To send a Private Message select the ‘Write new message’ tab In the ‘To’ field type the first initial of the person you wish to message and a list of all people who’s username starts with that letter will appear. Select the person from that list. Type a subject in the ‘subject’ field. Type your message in the ‘Message’ body. When finished select ‘Send message’ at the bottom of the page. *You must use the username of the person you wish to contact, since all email addresses are kept hidden.
To delete a message select the checkbox next to the message and select ‘Delete’ at the bottom of the page.