Millennium Park Run
Date - 08/27/2015
Time - 6:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Location - West Roxbury YMCA
This run incorporates a fixed route with many timed meet up points so it will be easy for folks to jump in. Millennium Park is stroller and leashed dog friendly. Note that we will tweak the timing and meet points tbased on your feedback so let us know what is or isn’t working. This route is planned for every other Thursday, Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- 6:40 pm – Meet at YMCA
- 6:45 pm sharp – Depart YMCA
- Warm up jog is 1.5 miles. Take it easy, enjoy the company of someone you don’t typically run with. Follow Centre Street to Spring Street, right on Gardner at Catholic Memorial School, cross over Baker, cross over VFW, arrive at Millennium Park.
- 7 pm – Meet at the Millennium Park entrance gate (pic below). Organize into groups for higher intensity 30 minute run within the park on paved trails. See below for map and distances. Please plan your route accordingly
- 7:10 pm – Begin run
- 7:40 pm – Meet back at the entrance gate
- 7:45 pm – Depart for 1.5 mile cool down jog back to YMCA. Gardner to Spring to Centre Street.
Millennium Park Paths:
- Millennium Park Loop (Outer Loop, in yellow) – 1.4 miles
- Mezzanine Loop (Middle / Upper Loop, in orange) – 1.1 miles
- Skyline Loop (Inner Loop at top of park, in purple) – 0.5 miles